At Hoover School we have a supportive and active PTA!
AND YOU CAN JOIN!
Thank you for your interest in PTA.
A Word from Our PTA President:
We would like everyone to experience and understand the benefits of being a PTA member. The only commitment we require is that of your support for the teachers and staff of Hoover School.
Great Reasons to be part of our PTA:
1. Be in the know: PTA helps you keep up with what's happening in your school and how you can support your child's education.
2. Access great resources: PTA provides information on topics ranging from homework help to bullying prevention to media safety to child health and more.
3. Build relationships: PTA connects you to other families through meetings, events, communications and helps build a sense of community.
4. Speak up: PTA can be a way to more effectively suggest changes at your child's school and in your community, and to be involved in making them happen.
5. Everyone is invited to join: moms, dads, teachers, principals, students, aunts, uncles, grandparents, caregivers, business people and community members are all welcome to join the PTA family.
6. PTA KIds: Each child that becomes a PTA Kid receives certain 'perks' throughout the school year. On every Popcorn Friday, the PTA draws six names from the PTA Kids list to receive a free bag of popcorn for that day. During the Scholastic Book Fair, each PTA Kid receives a $3.00 discount on their purchase.
7. PTA provides peace of mind with oversight, responsibility and knowledge: PTA's are nonprofits that must adhere to standards of affiliation and meet IRS requirements. PTA funds are independent of school funds.
8. PTA connects school communities across the country: It's a place where millions of parents, teachers, leaders and community leaders can come together to take part in the national discussion about education and America's youth.
Thank you for your support,
The 2015 - 2016 Executive PTA Board consists of creative and dedicated members:
Jennifer Johnson - President
Jennifer Combs - Treasurer
Lori Bjerk - Secretary
PTA is also looking for chairpersons to take charge of scheduled events throughout the year. If you are interested in chairing or co-chairing an event, please contact anyone of the Board Members....and again, you don't have to be at the meetings to successfully chair an event!
Mom, Dat, Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles and Friends are invited to join!
1 adult and all children = $6
2 adults and all children = $12
3 adults and all children = $18
4 adults and all children = $24
Through PTA Fundraisers, the PTA provides many activities, assemblies, support for field trips, books and other activities that benefit all of the students at Hoover. With shrinking Federal and State funds, PTA is a very important part of your child's elementary school experience.
CALLING ALL POPCORN LOVERS!
FRIDAY'S ARE PTA POPCORN DAY!
Only 50� per bag
Every Thursday PTA will come to each class to take orders and collect money. To save time, this is a pay-in-advance event. Simply put your child's name, teacher's name and quantity of bags on an envelope and send it to school on Thursday.
Come Friday.....popcorn is delivered to your child in the classroom at the end of the day.
Extra bags will be available on a first come-first serve basis in the vestibules after school on Fridays.
THIS IS A GREAT CHANCE FOR YOU TO REWARD YOUR CHILD FOR THE HARD WORK THEY DO ALL WEEK!